New site for Equilibris

For english-speaking users. Welcome!
CTPAHHuK
Level 23 Hero
Level 23 Hero

New site for Equilibris

Post by CTPAHHuK »

It was Dalai's idea about creat new site. I support it. In my opinion, the site should be created as if game left only yesterday.

Full and simple English-language site.

Site basic elements:
1. The main page.
2. The world on-line rating system.
3. Section of the World championships.
4. The forum.
5. The manager of files.
6. Change log.
7. Contact info.

In more details.

1. The main page should contain the information about:
1.1. Open on-line tournaments of all known resources of Heroes 4.
1.2. The best players of a world rating and the best players of the resources of Heroes 4 which have rating system.
1.3. News about Equilibris team work.
1.4. Links to other site's elements.

2. The world on-line rating system should contain following elements:
2.1. Rating table.
2.2. Players info table with icons of titles, which player have on any resources of Heroes 4.
2.3. Area for report of games result.
2.4. Area for comment report of games result.
2.5. Section of history.

3. Section of the World championships should contain following elements for each World championship:
3.1. Nicknames of best players of championship.
3.2. Playoff or another championship structure.
3.3. Regulation and rules.
3.4. Table of players data.
3.5. Section of history.

4. The forum should contain different themes about:
4.1. Equilibris work.
4.2. World rating.
4.3. World championships.
4.4. All known resources of Heroes 4.
4.5. Free theme.

5. The manager of files:
5.1. Files of Equilibris mod.
5.2. World championship files (maps, info pictures, etc.)
5.3. Video fragments of intresting moments in game (final fights, hard fights, etc.)
5.4. Fun files (songs, pictures, etc.)

6. Change log should contain full description about Equliris changes.

7. Contact info should contain info about heads of Equilibirs and all known resources of Heroes 4.

Let's discuss that in this list it is necessary to correct and as a site to make better.
TyLeR
Level 1 Hero
Level 1 Hero

Post by TyLeR »

I agree to this idea! We need 1 and only 1 english site for all of us who still play Heroes4! :yes:

Everywhere there are Rushian and French sites, and the only english site (ToH) doesen't care about H4 anymore, so we need something special only for Heroes4 ! :yes:

The site must have all what Huk mentioned above, and i would add to that a Season Score for Each Year.
Like they have on ToH, and every Season reset the scores, but keep the archives ofcourse.

I offer my time to help with suggestions or data entry or anything!

Good Luck to this project ! It is most welcome ! :hero:
Dalai
Equilibris Core Team
Equilibris Core Team

Post by Dalai »

This is actually a great idea. I have some thoughts about how it should work. But the question is - who can do what? Do you possess any useful skills, like programming for web, graphic design, etc? Understanding the resource pool is crucial.
Web-designer wanted. "Once a knight, always a knight, but once a King is once too often!" (c) Sir Bella of Eastmarch
m8mat
Level 1 Hero
Level 1 Hero

Franch idee

Post by m8mat »

Hello, (sorry for my poor english)
In H4 AC league we can change something to be better for russian or english players, there is no problem....
Morrock
Level 1 Hero
Level 1 Hero

Post by Morrock »

Hello guys,

I've been invited here by our friend Huk. It seems you're in search for a web-designer, he asked me if I could help.

I'd be glad to help, but I'm affraid I'll be in lack of free time. So I have some questions, so I can have a precise idea of your needs.

- What skills do you already have in your web development team?
- Do you intend to create entirely the website, or to use some kind of CMS, or existing frameworks?
- Do you already know what you'll need in terms of design (how many pages to design? Will the design be homogeneous all over the site?)
- Do you have an idea of the style you want the website to have?

And the main question : do you have skills in your team which can use a basic design and handle it without its original creator? Cause in the case I'll be able to help, I can eventually produce a design, but I won't have time to adapt and complete it in the future...
Dalai
Equilibris Core Team
Equilibris Core Team

Post by Dalai »

Morrock
Thank you very much for the offer. I will give you a detailed answer when I get to something more convenient for web-browsing than my phone. :)
Web-designer wanted. "Once a knight, always a knight, but once a King is once too often!" (c) Sir Bella of Eastmarch
Morrock
Level 1 Hero
Level 1 Hero

Post by Morrock »

Dalai wrote:Thank you very much for the offer.
You're welcome.

But I didn't promise anything for the moment. It's a really interresting project, but if it's too big (in terms of time - I don't have much free time and I'm already really busy with ArchangelCastle and some other projects), I will decline.

That's why I need more information before taking my decision.
Accolon
Level 24 Hero
Level 24 Hero

Post by Accolon »

Dalai
How about "step to step", not "all at once"?
Dalai
Equilibris Core Team
Equilibris Core Team

Post by Dalai »

Morrock wrote:But I didn't promise anything for the moment.
I understand that.
Morrock wrote: It's a really interresting project, but if it's too big (in terms of time - I don't have much free time and I'm already really busy with ArchangelCastle and some other projects), I will decline.
Actually, I don't think it is too big. In terms of design it will be quite minimalistic. What I expect from designer is using good practices of UI (like blocks placement), working together with web-programmer to fit design into actual web-pages and just a little bit of graphics and art.

We are inclined to use Wordpress as basic CMS.
Dalai
Equilibris Core Team
Equilibris Core Team

Post by Dalai »

Morrock wrote:- What skills do you already have in your web development team?
We have a web-programmer proficient with WP and phbbb.
- Do you intend to create entirely the website, or to use some kind of CMS, or existing frameworks?
WordPress. New site, current web-site will be a subsection with design of new web-site.
- Do you already know what you'll need in terms of design (how many pages to design? Will the design be homogeneous all over the site?)
I hope it will be homogeneous. I'll lay out my view of the main pages to cover the desired functionality in the next post.
- Do you have an idea of the style you want the website to have?
Just very slight idea. Minimalistic, light colors, dark letters :)
And the main question : do you have skills in your team which can use a basic design and handle it without its original creator? Cause in the case I'll be able to help, I can eventually produce a design, but I won't have time to adapt and complete it in the future...
I think, we will cope with it. We do not intend to change it often, and if we do - it will be evolution, not revolution. Add a picture here or a header there - stuff like that.
Dalai
Equilibris Core Team
Equilibris Core Team

Post by Dalai »

Main pages which will cover the required functionality when implemented. Each page will exist in either 1 or 2 forms: Entry and View.

1. Battle report. Entry and View. Contains fields like "Players", "Map", "Date", "Turn time", "Tournament", "Starting Castles", "Victory type". Must contain field available to judges only: "Judje's decision". View contains points won and lost.

2. News item. Entry and View. Fields for required tag and additional tags. Required tags list is limited. Tag influences design: changes logo-picture. For starters we need pictures for the following tags: Maps and Mapmaking, News, Championships, Equilibris, Battle Report, Ratings, Files, Other. The list will probably grow as time passes.

3. News. View. Contains pages 10 news items each. Can be filtered by tags.

4. Files. Entry (Upload) and View. Entry version must allow to fefine all the required attributes: type (map, installation archive, modding files, mapmaker's brush, etc), thumbnail or minimap (if applicable), alternative link, version number, link to previous version. Veiw mode should allow to see if the file is of the latest version and contain links to both previous and next version.

5. Tournament. Entry (Create) and View. Create page allows defining Name, Description, Status (can new player apply or not), Tournment grid, Judges (selected from all users). View page shows all this info with Tournment grid filled with players' names.

6.Personal profile. View. Allows checking all confirmed and unconfirmed reports about player's games (with link's to corresponding repport pages) and vie statistics about games analysed by maps, opponents, settings, castles, etc.

7. Rating page. View. Players rated by points won.

8. List of Tournments with description, status, timeframe. View. Links point to corresponding Tournment pages (p.5)

9. File search. View. All attributes can be used to narrow down search.

10. Report Search. View. Same as with File search.

Additionally, there may be blocks, which can be placed inside other pages.

11. Tag Cloud. Obviously, bust be present in p.3.

12. Top 10 players by points.

13. Top 10 players by number of games.

14. Top 10 maps most played in the last 3 months.

15. Top 3 Tournments most played in the last 3 months.
Morrock
Level 1 Hero
Level 1 Hero

Post by Morrock »

Hi Dalai,

I'm sorry, but I have to decline.

Not that it's a too big project, but I really have no time to spend on it. I already have a critical lack of free time to develop and maintain AC as I wanted to.

I wish you good luck for your project.

Morrock
Dalai
Equilibris Core Team
Equilibris Core Team

Post by Dalai »

Ok, no problem. Thanks for good wishes.